Friday, 26 August 2011

"A schedule defends from chaos and whim"

I like this quote.
I like it because it made me think.
I like thinking... makes me feel less frivolous.

Mostly, I agree with the quote. Especially in a D/s relationship. Having my time ordered and scheduled helps me. It takes away the pressures of making a choice, takes away the agonizing mystery of the day. When I feel lost, I can look to a schedule and know what I need to do, where my day is going next, what is suitable for me to put my time and energy into doing.

Now, this is where the thinking comes in *winks*

Submitting to a schedule made by someone else means I am submitting to THEIR chaos and whim. Maybe less of their chaos... but certainly their whim.
He makes the schedule. He edits the schedule. He adds to it. He takes away from it.
I follow it.

Nothing "defends" me from his chaos and whim.
Is there really much of a difference from his chaos and whim and the chaos and whim of my day without him in it?
Maybe someone out there has an answer to that question. I hope someone does. Sitting here at my waxed pine desk (newly built by moi in my new flat) looking out the window at the dismal weather isn't helping me answer the question.

Does the question even matter? Again, I dont know. Maybe someone else does.

*wakes from a day dream and smiles*
Maybe the point of all this is that I want more of my life scheduled. I dont know. Sometimes the theory and the practice don't mesh as well as one would hope.
There is a lot I dont know. But there are things I do know. And I do know that I like the thought of checking my email or google docs or something like that, and seeing how he's planned my day. What is scheduled for me. Something that I know he's taken time to think about. Taken time to update for me. Something I can follow and at the end of the day, know that the day has gone well because I followed everything on the list.

The dark side of my submission wants everything scheduled. Times. Dates. Food. Drink. Bathroom breaks. Activities. Thoughts.

But that's also the side that wants me to quit my job, ignore friends and family and sit chained to a wall, only to be let out for his use, then put back in the chains until I can be useful to him again.

Fun to think about and fun to dream, but let her out and listen to me scream.
Maybe I should add another chain to the box keeping her contained.
Caged, not tamed.

I still like the slightly diluted version of her scheduling. Knowing he's updated my day, that I dont know what he has planned until he allows me to see it. Anticipation. Then being able to follow the schedule.

Letting him think for me.

1 comment:

  1. I like schedules too...and I am grateful to Him for providing me with one.It has removed all the stress from day to day living and I like that He is responsible for my stress along with His own lol.

    All my chores and tasks come via Dropbox and it gives me a huge sense of security knowing they are there, keeping me on track. Even when His demands seem unreasonable I'll go all out to fulfill them.....thinking of them as a challenge. It's become so habitual now that I don't think I could go back to the days before we were living M/s 24/7. It's behavioural conditioning at it's best me thinks!

    ReplyDelete