Tuesday, 16 August 2011

"Life is a roller coaster, just gotta ride it"

Up, down, corkscrew, upside down, acceleration, stop, hang, drop, scream, jump, twist, turn, breathe.

I'm not a huge fan of pop songs. I'm a more rock/metal/alternative fan myself.... but I cant help identifying to the lyrics of today's title.

Life really is. So many things that happen so quickly, changing how you feel, how fast you travel, what direction you go in.

Tonight has really been a roller coaster for me... no.... for us. And I dont use the term "roller coaster" loosely either. How we are still together, I dont really know. Too stubborn to stop? Maybe. Too stubborn to realize it wont really work? Maybe. Going to enjoy it, regardless of where it goes? Defiantly.

So, thinking about roller coasters.... how many are there? Hundreds? Thousands?
They are all so different. Fast, slow, long, short, bends, straights, trains, cars, tea cups, horses, ghosts, swans.... and more.

What do all these rides have in common?

It doesn't seem like they would have anything in common at all. Some for kids, some for adults, some for thrill seekers, some for lovers.... what can all these have in common?

Safety.

All of these rides are safe. They have been checked, double checked, triple checked. They are maintained to keep them safe. There are rules and regulations to keep them completely safe for everyone.

If life is a roller coaster, then he's my safety. Because of him, I can hold my hands above the rail. I can kick and scream and enjoy the ride because he's the safety bar, the safety strap, the rigorous regulations to make sure everything is safe. 

But... on a more realistic note.... that doesnt mean it doesnt FEEL precarious and dangerous.... but thats half the fun!

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha! Nice post. BDSM living allows that safety net and with a safety net you can push boundaries that perhaps you wouldn't do in a vanilla union. Your Dom will always be looking after your mental and physical well-being. YAY for kink I say!

    ReplyDelete