I'm not talking about something you have been told/ordered/strongly requested to do, I mean just something little and personal to you that you just feels right to do?
I ask this seemingly random question because I've been doing something similar for a number of days now.
I've worn a necklace (like in the picture) for years and years.

It is not another mans mark of ownership. But it was a gift given to me by a male friend, who is no longer with us anymore. I've never really had it off my neck. My homage and remembrance to him, I suppose.
Until a few weeks ago. I was talking to Master and playing with it (absentmindedly as I have a habit of doing) and impulsively, I took it off.
It had not been back around my neck for over a week now. I felt very bare without it on. I feel very bare without it on. I've tried other necklaces, but they feel uncomfortable: too heavy, too big, too shiny...
I put it back on this morning and it wasnt right.
Something of Master's should be close to my heart, near to my head and against my exposed neck.
Never having spoken to Master about this, I dont know what his view would be.
I dont think he would have minded one way or the other what I wore around my neck. Not yet anyway. I'm sure he would/will start to control the littler things more and more as time passes. But for now, I dont think he would have minded if I wore the same necklace every day or if I wore no necklace or if I changed my necklaces every fourth day in a bi-monthly cycle.
It feels odd to not have anything around my neck, but it feels more right to keep it bare for him.
I've never worn anything round my neck until now and you've pretty much nailed it.....it's something of His. A constant reminder of Him and us and our union. I feel complete and satiated because of it.
ReplyDelete