I was leaving a comment on DY's blog about the nature of needing the elusive "more" in sexual kinks... and a comment turned into an essay (or long ramble, depending on your view).. so, these are my thoughts on it.....
I think that over time, what is a kink can then become a BDSM version of vanilla (maybe vanilla with chocolate drips mixed in?).
I think this happens because that aspect of a kink has been done so much (especially when it feels new and interesting and addicting) which makes it loose its edge... not quiet as arousing as it once was ... so then its about looking for a kink ONTOP of a kink..
My example would be when I first started getting into BDSM.... I was a very "sweet and innocent" girl and was pretty shy about talking to people etc.
Hell, it took me a long time to get into masturbation (for a long time the idea of getting my fingers wet with my juice just... creeped me out, so I was rubbing myself though my panties... yes yes, silly I know... but I'm WAY over that issue now... infact the next best part of masturbation is being able to lick my fingers clean after!!!)
Anyhoo... I used to read a lot of sex stories online. All vanilla. Then one day it wasnt enough. So then I looked into the "Male Domination" stories section... and BOOM. Instant cunt-tingle, thigh wetting material. Then that started to get good.., but not enough anymore... then welcome OH's first introduction to becomin a pain loving whore... I looked into the pain/humiliation section.... BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM (that was a bomb going off in my panties by the way!)
Then reading wasnt enough... so I looked into R/P partners online... then online Doms... then real life Dom's.
So, through all this long and rambling post... I am reminded of a joke from Robin Williams about sexual kinks to stimulate old men.. Is this the way we will be going? 0.o
"Here's what you got to do. You put a sparkler in your ass. I'll set my pubic hair on fire. You put on a German army helmet, then jump off the couch yelling "fire in the hole". That might work."
I think that will work!!!
ReplyDeleteI have yet to experience any type of BDSM/kink...everything is just all talk at the moment! looking forward to it..I do love reading about and the different dynamics of each relationship...makes me daydream for when my day comes.
For me, us, the kink has grown and morphed and changed and intensified and everything else!
ReplyDeleteOnce you add something new to the repertoire it soon becomes the baseline and you need to move up a notch. This has continued for 20 years and I have no idea where it will end. Kink is wayyyyy bigger than me and once you start on the journey it mushrooms and grows.
We're always looking for the next 'hit' which is largely the reason for turning bedroom only into 24/7.
DY x